Book A Hotel
EXPLORE THE TOP 10
Explore some of the Top 10's best travel ideasLearn More
LUXURIOUS TOP 10
Luxury Awaits Along the Top Ten Drives of the Northern RockiesLearn More
FAMILY TRAVEL IN THE NORTHERN ROCKIES
Create Family Memories in the Northern RockiesLearn More
ESCAPE FROM SEATTLE
Escape the bustle and traffic to the Northern RockiesLearn More
Check Out Our Connecting Historic Trails...Learn More
Join The Club
A Tantalizing Array Of Rocky Mountain Wineries And Vineyards
Sure, the Northern Rockies are known for wild nature, adrenaline-racing fun, and rugged landscapes. However, there’s also a sophisticated, cultured side to this thrilling region that appreciates the finer things in life. A prime example of this is the stellar variety of Rocky Mountain vineyards and wineries. Take a Rocky Mountain winery tour through Oregon. Over the last 40 years, the state’s winemaking industry has earned worldwide acclaim – particularly for its delicious, award-winning Pinot noirs. Savor unique Montana wines, which use such tasty ingredients such as huckleberry, cherries, and honey. Or travel to Idaho’s Snake River – known for its water sports, stunning beauty, and perfect climate and soil for great wine.
- Kootenay – (1) Skimmerhorn Winery & Vineyard, a beautiful 20-acre location in the Creston Valley. The winery’s varietal range includes Pinot Gris, Ortega, Gewurztraminer, Pinot Noir, and Marechal Foch. www.skimmerhorn.ca/index.html (2) Columbia Gardens Vineyard & Winery is the first commercial-sized winery and vineyard in Kootenay. The 50-acre property specializes in Chardonnay, Gewurztraminer, Auxerrois, Pinot Noir, and Marechal Foch.
- Idaho Wine Country -- Discover over 19 wineries and vineyards ranging from small by-appointment-only cellars to larger facilities offering year-round tours, tasting rooms and restaurants. www.visitidaho.org/thingstodo/wineries.aspx
- The Palouse & Lewis Clark Valley – Be among the first to experience some up-and-coming but already award-winning wineries. Five wineries located between the towns of Moscow, Pullman, Lewiston, and Clarkston have been making regional, national, and international news and creating a huge fan base along the way. www.northcentralidaho.org
- North Idaho Wineries- excellent wineries are located in the Panhandle of Idaho. The award winning Pend d'Oreille Winery producing local wines of distinction in Sandpoint, ID; Coeur d'Alene Cellars , Coeur d'Alene, ID and TimberRock Winery in Post Falls, ID
- The Montana wine industry, though relatively new, is making waves. Montana vintners either grow their own grapes or import them from vineyards in Washington, Oregon, and California. For a distinctly Montana twist, some makers use Flathead cherries, wild huckleberries, tart chokecherries, and even local honey in their wines.
- Snake River Valley – The Snake River Valley has 46 vineyards, 22 wineries, spanning 1,107 vineyard acres. www.oregonwine.org/Explore_Wine_Regions/Eastern_Oregon/Snake_River_Valley/
- Walla Walla Valley – The Walla Walla Valley sits at the base of the Blue Mountains and stretches from the southeast corner of Washington, across the Columbia River, and into the northeast corner of Oregon. It has 70 wineries, 52 vineyards, and 1,200 vineyard acres. www.oregonwine.org/Explore_Wine_Regions/Eastern_Oregon/Walla_Walla_Valley/
- Richland – Rich in history, produce and wine this city offers an abundance of activities both indoors and out. www.experiencewa.com/cities/richland.aspx
- Walla Walla Wine Country – The Walla Walla Valley is a wine-lover's dream destination with more than 60 wineries to explore. http://www.experiencewa.com/cities/walla-walla.aspx
- Wind River Mountain – Deep in the valley of the Wind River Mountains, native wild berries, along with Wyoming grown grapes, are harvested for Irvin Cellar, presenting a new, refreshing, and pleasing wine to your table. Offering a variety of specialty and seasonal wines. http://www.irvincellarwinery.com/
Find Your Ideal Wine At A Rocky Mountain Vineyard
Reach extraordinary new heights of travel. Use the Top 10 Scenic Drives in the Northern Rockies to enjoy a dynamic variety of Rocky Mountain wineries.