Book A Hotel
EXPLORE THE TOP 10
Explore some of the Top 10's best travel ideasLearn More
LUXURIOUS TOP 10
Luxury Awaits Along the Top Ten Drives of the Northern RockiesLearn More
FAMILY TRAVEL IN THE NORTHERN ROCKIES
Create Family Memories in the Northern RockiesLearn More
ESCAPE FROM SEATTLE
Escape the bustle and traffic to the Northern RockiesLearn More
Check Out Our Connecting Historic Trails...Learn More
Join The Club
Plan A Great Itinerary With Our Thrilling British Columbia Attractions
Set between the Pacific Ocean in the west and the magnificent Rocky Mountains in the east, British Columbia brims with astounding landscapes and impressive geographical diversity. As Canada’s westernmost province, British Columbia features a superb blend of inspiring outdoor recreation and cosmopolitan culture. Take a driving tour through the spectacular scenery, charming towns, and 7 hot springs of the Kootenay Rockies . Thanks to the area’s pleasant temperatures, you can enjoy a brilliant range of British Columbia attractions, outdoor activities like camping , and beautiful golf courses . If history is your passion, you’ll enjoy informative and interesting museums and heritage sites . In this dynamic region, the problem is not finding things to do, but fitting them all in your itinerary. For more information, view our list of British Columbia tourist attractions below or visit www.hellobc.com/en-CA/default.htm .
- Glacier National Park, British Columbia – Called “North America’s Crown Jewel”. Boasts more than 700 miles of maintained trails, sparkling lakes, alpine glaciers, and deep forests. www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/bc/glacier/index.aspx
- Yoho National Park – One of Canada’s 41 national parks. Yoho is home to surging waters, looming peaks, pounding waterfalls, glacial lakes, and patches of pretty meadows. www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/bc/yoho/index_E.asp
- Kootenay National Park – From glacier-clad peaks along the Continental Divide to semi-arid grasslands of the Rocky Mountain Trench, where cactus grows, Kootenay National Park is noted for its diversity of landscapes, ecology, and climate. www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/bc/kootenay/index_E.asp
- Mt Revelstoke National Park of Canada - Take a drive along the summit parkway through a variety of geographical zones. From dense old-growth rainforest of giant cedar and pine, travel up through subalpine forest, and finally alpine meadows and tundra. http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/bc/revelstoke/index.aspx
- SS Moyie National Historic Site - Kaslo, BC -- Tour the oldest passenger sternwheeler in the world that plied Kootenay Lake for 59 years, lovingly restored to when she ran in the early 1900's. http://www.klhs.bc.ca/
- Kokanee Glacier Provincial Park , British Columbia -- The park straddles the Selkirk Mountain Range between Kootenay and Slocan Lakes. The Kokanee Glacier can be viewed when crossing the Kootenay Lake free ferry, however access to the park is by often steep, gravel roads and strenuous hiking. However, the rewards offer some of the best hiking in the region. http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/kokanee_gl/
- Ainsworth Hot Springs - Situated overlooking beautiful Kootenay Lake in British Columbia, on the International Selkirk Loop's Super Side Trip "North Kootenay Lake - Silvery Slocan". Experience the unique horseshoe shaped cave, where the darkness, mineral deposits and humidity combine for an unique hot springs experience. Besides the hot springs pool and caves, the on site resort offers first-class accommodations, a lounge and superb dining; there is also an excellent gift shop on the premise. http://www.hotnaturally.com/
- Artisans of Crawford Bay - Crawford Bay, BC -- Visit a gathering of artisan studios and watch broom makers, glass blowers, a black smith at his forge, and a barefoot handweaver and more. Only 7 mile drive from the Kootenay Lake free ferry.
- Kootenay Lake Ferry - This is the longest free ferry ride in the world and well worth the voyage for the view alone, especially if it's your only opportunity to get on Kootenay Lake in a boat. Have your camera at the ready! The ferry departs from Balfour and Kootenay Bay in British Columbia along Hwy 3A and is part of the highway system. The ferry can accommodate any size vehicle or RV. In summer from the third week in June through Labor Day, two ferries the SS Osprey and the MV Balfour operate. The SS Osprey also operates a snack bar. The crossing takes 45 minutes. http://www.selkirkloop.org/index.php/travel-info/kootenay-lake-ferry
Treat Yourself To World-Class British Columbia Tourist Attractions
Reach extraordinary new heights of travel. Use the Top 10 Scenic Drives in the Northern Rockies to experience truly unforgettable British Columbia attractions.